Welcome to Deer Park
If your wish list includes living in a beautiful old Toronto home or in a luxury mid-rise condominium, having convenient access to Toronto’s best private schools, exercising in the outdoors in the heart of the city or being downtown or in Yorkville in minutes, this is the neighbourhood for you. Located close to the extensive commercial center at Yonge and St Clair and to the affluent residential neighbourhood surrounding it, are the neighbourhood's walking paths through the Vale of Avoca and its running routes though Mt Pleasant Cemetery and the Rosehill Reservoir, conveniences which add to the appeal of this mid- town neighbourhood.
Stroll along Heath Street, along Balmoral and Farnham and Oriole Gardens among the well-treed streets and lovely houses some dating from the late 1880s to early 1900s. The landscaping around the properties is so attractive and well done that it difficult to distinguish between some of the older buildings, the newer additions and the small pockets of newer town homes located throughout.
Houses built in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries and low to mid-rise condominiums and newer townhouses are now located here. To the east of Yonge Street there are condominium developments and rental apartments in the south, but mainly semis and detached homes in the small area north of St Clair Avenue ending at the ravine. A row of newer mid-rise condominiums border Yonge Street but further west larger old homes and small townhouse developments are located.
Approx. distances to:
Don Valley Parkway: 3.7 kms
401 and 400: 10 kms
King/ Bay: 5 kms
Yonge and Bloor: 2.5 kms
Nearest subway: St Clair, Summerhill
Sitting in the shade at the fountain in Amsterdam Park
Toronto District School Board
- Deer Park Jr and School 23 Ferndale Ave., 416 393 1550d
- Brown Jr., 454 Avenue Rd., 416 393 1560
- North Toronto C.I., 70 Roehampton Ave.,416 393-9180
- Northern Secondary, 851 Mt. Pleasant Rd.,416 393-0270
Toronto Catholic District School Board
- Our Lady of Perpetual Help Catholic School 1 ½ Garfield Ave. 416-393-5239
- Bishop Strachan School, 298 Lonsdale Rd. 416 483-4325
- De la Salle College, 131 Farnham Ave. 416 969-8771
- St Michaels College School, 1515 Bathurst St. 416 653-3180
- Upper Canada College, 200-220 Lonsdale Rd., 416 488-1125
- The York School, 1320 Yonge St., 416 926-1325
*Check with local schools concerning boundary restrictions.
Interested in learning what is on the market in this neighbourhood? Click here and fill out the "Personalized Listings Request Form" and Claire would be happy to send you up to date listings that meet your search criteria within this neighbourhood.